Friday, January 25, 2013

I Have The Weirdest Natalie Merchant Fixation Right Now

I've never actively disliked either her or 10000 Maniacs.  In fact her/their music is tolerably pleasant; indeed some of the best music for doctors offices and grocery stores that you're ever going to hear, and I mean that as a serious compliment.  Still I've never been anything close to a fan of her stuff or given her any thought at all in all of my three decades of life.  Yet these past 24 hours I've been thinking about her because, I don't know.  There was no obvious thing that set it off. 

Pleasent enough music, like I said.  Yet looking through Youtube I must say that the video for 'Wonder' does have a somewhat frightening Messianic vibe with it's 'I'm every woman thing.'  Plus the low lighting & earth tones on top of earth tones are more painfully nineties than death by heroin. 

On that note, I may or may not have something to say about the neo-swing craze that came round about 96 or so, make something of a series out of whatever this is maybe.  though probably not.   I am so fucking old. 





No comments:

Post a Comment