Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I've Just Been Accosted by a Gay Man

"Ex-Gay" for the mement, now a member of Candlewood Church in Omaha and handing out Reese's Penut butter cups with pamphlets of his own creation.

"In 7th grade I realized I was attracted to men.  I did not know what to make of this attraction, but after experimenting, I knew it was not something I wanted to let control my liefe.  I had the idea that going to church might be the answer so I began visiting different churches in my neighborhood.  I landed at the church of Jehovah's Witness and began my relationship with God......"

".....While sharing my testimony, one student opened up and shared with me his struggles with bisexuality.  I had a heart for him and began sharing verses and preying for him.  We became so close that we actually began a relationship, which led me to leave the church and become more involved in the gay community...."

"....I received two full ride scholarships to the University of Nebraska at Omaha and had plans to move in the dorms and begin my college experience.  A week before I moved in, the guy who I thought I loved told me he wanted to pursue other relations...."



"....I asked my friend if he wanted to go for a walk.  I told him about my past, my relationships, being a Jehovah's witness, and telling how I felt.  He told me that in God's eyes all sin is equal.  So by me having an immoral relation with another guy, and someone else lying to their parents, in God's eyes both sins are equal.  That was the first time I had ever heard something like that...."

"...I thought homosexuality was the worst sin you could commit.  Hearing I was just as guilty as everyone else lifted weight off my shoulder...."


Long story short, the man's penance for being gay entails giving chocolates to other men.  Which is fine by me, Reese's and coffee on a cold day.  Hell yes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment