Sunday, October 27, 2013

I Somehow Just Heard About This Yesterday

Mari Pesek graduated from NU a few years after me,  girlfriend to a good buddy of mine for several months and personal friend to myself as well. She was brilliant and sweet and the fact that's she's dead at 25 is a fucking disgrace.  It was an accident.  I'm not condemning anyone on this and would never think to do so.  I'm saying that the fact such a thing is physically possible in this universe is a fucking disgrace.  I'm saying that any universe where such a thing ever happens is a fucking disgrace. 

"Fuck death" ain't no motherfucking flip you see.  It's all there is.  When I state this formula I mean to say that being alive is being at war.  I mean that being alive is in itself an act of defiance.  It is an act of solidarity with those who have been taken and protest against there loss.  Natural means nothing and every death is unjust and 'pointless', is what I mean.  I mean that there's no need for humans to seek tribal drama and struggle against each other. We are all romantic underdogs in the war against death whether we choose it or not.  We will of course lose, but not until we lose hard, not until we make death pay for the pain it caused us in life and the pain it brings to those who survive us.  Fuck death is everything, is what I mean to say.  Fuck death. 


No comments:

Post a Comment